- What is the general drop on a wood bat (maple, ash, birch)?
- The general drop on any wood bat is -2 to -3, which means that the bat will be 2 to 3 ounces lighter than the length of the bat. For example, if a bat is 32 in, it will weigh 29 oz.
- What is the difference between Pro-Stock and Pro-Cut ash?
- Both of these two ash series have straight grains throughout the length of the bat. The Pro-Cut series, however, will have less grains in the bat (normal is 18 grains or less) than the Pro-Stock series.
- How does birch compare to maple or ash?
- Birch has more density than ash, but is less dense than maple. It looks and feels like maple, but acts like ash, with the exception of not fraying. Cost-wise, birch is cheaper than maple, and more expensive than ash.
- What are D-Specials?
- D-Specials are bats we created that did not meet our exact specifications for a specific model. Perhaps the barrel is slightly bigger, or the handle is slightly smaller than what we require. As a result, these bats are sold at a discounted rate. When ordering, you can only choose the wood (ash or maple) and the length of the bat. The color of these bats will always be black. Occasionally, we do not have these bats in stock.
- What is the difference between Youth Series and Senior League?
- Our Youth Series bat meets all Little League regulations, including a 2 1/4" barrel. Our Senior League model has a much larger barrel and is used mainly by players on travel teams and in select leagues.
- Will Trojan and Senior League Hybrids break?
- Yes, these bats can still break. However, the probability of breakage is greatly reduced due to our unique layering process and fiberglass sleeve.
- What models are top heavy as opposed to balanced?
- Our models with extra large barrels are more top heavy than those with large and medium barrels. The top heavy models are designed to create greater bat head speed through the hitting zone and they also provide a larger hitting area. The negative is that these models have a greater tendency to break if the batter is jammed or hits the ball off the handle.
- Does D-BAT ship internationally?
- Yes, we do ship internationally. However, the increased shipping charges are passed on to the customer.
- Do you offer price breaks for larger quantities?
- If your team has an order for a dozen or more bats, please call our Dallas office for pricing.
- How do I become a D-BAT dealer?
- Please call us at 888-398-3393 to inquire about becoming a D-BAT dealer.
- How long will it take to receive my custom bat order?
- Most custom orders take between 10-14 days to produce, box, and have ready to ship. All orders are shipped via UPS and will take between 1-4 days delivery time depending on your location. Next day air, 2nd day air, and 3rd day air shipping is available for an additional charge.
- Is my credit card and personal information safe on this website?
- Absolutely! Every transaction that takes place on D-Bat is encrypted through Geo-Trust Security.
- What does D-Bat do with any of my personal information that is gathered from their site?
- D-Bat does not sell, rent or disclose any information provided by our clients unless required by law.
- If I have questions, can I speak to a person directly?
- Yes, our Dallas office is open Monday-Friday from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm, CST. You can reach us at 888-398-3393.
- Does D-BAT offer a warranty on wood bats?
- D-BAT is the only bat company that offers a 90-day limited warranty on Internet wood bat purchases. Please see our warranty section for details.